RE: Cron - how to turn off logging to the Event Log

1. Run setup.exe

2. When selecting packages to install, find 'cron'
   in the 'Admin' Category.  Click on the open box
   to put an 'x' in it in the 'Src?' column for
   'cron'.  This will cause source files for
   'cron' to be downloaded to your computer.

3. Install 'Devel' category.  It contains many of
   the programs that you will need to build 'cron',
   (particularly, 'make' and 'gcc').

4. If you don't have a text editor installed, then
   consider downloading one or more of the editors
   in the 'Editors' and 'Misc' Category.

5. Run 'setup.exe' through to completion.

6. In your bash shell, cd /usr/src/cron-3.0.1-7.

7. Edit the files 'config.h' and 'pathnames.h' in
   that directory, as described by Corinna Vinschen,
   below.

8. Run 'make' at your shell prompt to build your
   customized version of cron.exe: $ make

9. Stop and uninstall the cron daemon that you have
   installed.

10. Using 'cygrunsrv', install your new version,
   specifying the path to your new cron.exe.  Start
   the new daemon, and test it.

11. If no problems occurred, then run 'make install'
    in /usr/src/cron-3.0.1-7 to install the cron files
    into the standard places, uninstall the cron daemon,
    and reinstall/restart it from the standard location,
    i.e., /usr/sbin/cron.exe.