Re: How do I modify the icon name for rxvt?

Benn Schreiber wrote:

Hmmm, I tried both this and --iconName, but still get the same result. Now I'm wondering if this is an XP-ism. I have the taskbar set to group similar icons together. If there is only one rxvt running, the title of the icon in the icon tray is correct.

HOWEVER, when there are 2 or more, they are grouped together (which I like), and the title of the icon group is "Terminal program." (including the terminating period).

If I run tcsh in a command-like window this doesn't happen however.
That's what I see too. However, if you click on the Taskbar icon XP will show you a menu of the terminals in the Terminal group. Each one will be identified by its icon name. Is this not enough for you?

If I start, say, 8 Netscape browser windows they will collapse into a Taskbar icon group. The icon name then changes to "Netscp" which is the program name for Netscape 7.0. I suspect a Windows program registers it's name and Rxvt registers its name as "Terminal program" (perhaps through a dll associated with X as rxvt is X aware).