(Fwd) Cron oddity

I installed cygrunsrv and cron and set up a simple crontab to trigger

every minute and write the date to a file, as a test. It worked. Then

I removed this job and added one to run a script every midnight. It
didn't work. No errors appear in the Windows XP event log or in
/var/log/cron.log, and both Services and Task Manager show cron to be

running, but the script silently fails to run. Changing the job
command to a date append to file command makes it work. All I can
figure is that cron is in fact working, sort of, but that the script
is failing when invoked, or the script interpreter.

The script wgets a frequently-updated file from a web site; I did
write it so it doesn't directly use any environment variables not
made available via the crontab. I'm wondering if wget depends on an
environment variable. Although it still leaves the question why no
error reports are being generated, at least not in the above-
mentioned obvious places.