Re: Date Time Stamps?

Just in case you all were curious, I did figure it out.

Turns out that Win 2k behaves as if the environment variable TZ=EDT4 (shows all
files using EDT even if the file was created in EST) (Note: Windows changes its
behavior to EST5 when appropriate).

Cygwin, on the other hand, behaves as a reasonable UNIX machine with TZ=EST5EDT
(shows files which were created in EST using EST, and shows files created in EDT
using EDT) (Note: Cygwin / UNIX never have to change their behavior).

Unfortunately this results in having "ls -l" and "dir" appear to return 2
different times, for a certain set of files.  One solution: Add a variable
TZ=EDT4 using:
"control panel"->system->advanced->Environment Variables"

Problem: one needs to change TZ twice a year.

Question 1: Is there a tool in CYGWIN to change environment variables without
going to "control panel"?

Question 2: Is there any way to make Win 2k behave as a TZ=EST5EDT machine?

Thanks
Arthur