RE: Does cygwin slow things down?

> Has anybody done any tests to see just how fast cygwin is?
> Like how do networking applications behave and the like?

Sporadically people have posted some numbers.  Somebody a while back had some
pretty detailed ones about forking and network stuff compared to Linux IIRC.
Somebody, perhaps someone much like myself only not as lazy, should set up some
sort of automated script and get some gnuplots going showing Cygwin's
performance as a function of time.  But then people in hell want icewater too.

> I just ported a pretty large project and I've been noticing that it's much
> slower, and I was wondering if it was cygwin that did it.
> So anybody compiled something like apache who can tell me if it runs much
> slower?

Slower than... not running at all?  I don't follow.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.