MySQL server under cygwin

Hi,

Is it possible to build and run mysql under cygwin?
I have read in the mailing list archives some issues with the cygwin POSIX
threads implementation that mysql has trouble with.
Is this still the case or have these been fixed within cygwin or mysql?
Has anyone got mysql running under cygwin?

I know that mysql builds natively under windows, but i would like to
experiment with some changes, and dont want to use vc++6.

Thanks in advance
Terry