Re: Mysterious gdb behavior.

On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 10:26, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
> On 27 Jul 2002 at 17:01, Michael A Chase wrote:

> > Try looking at it with a fixed pitch font.  I suspect he's pointing out
> > that gdb, like many UNIX programs, doesn't deal well with spaces in file or
> > directory names.
>
> And why, pray tell, does it have to? The image I was debugging was in
> the current directory. It shouldn't care what the path name looks
> like.

It has to because it can't assume that a given image will always be
accessed by a relative path, and that it won't collide with something in
the PATH variable.

> Also, Windows API calls should deal with it just fine. It's a Windows
> API call that's failing, according to one of the other posters.

It's a windows API error code that is being reported. It may or may not
be a windows API error - it may be unix orientated code doing the wrong
thing.

> Also, if path names with spaces in are problems, then explain why
> Cygwin's installer *automatically created* that directory and made it
> my home directory?

Because we're mean.

Rob