Re: Mysterious gdb behavior.

--- Michael A Chase <mchase@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:41:57 -0400 Paul Derbyshire
> <derbyshire@globalserve.net> wrote:

> > >                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > *SIGH*  Looks like someone didn't read the FAQ...
> >
> > Excuse me? Should I not be trying to gdb executables under /home,
> or
> > something?
>
> Try looking at it with a fixed pitch font.  I suspect he's pointing
> out
> that gdb, like many UNIX programs, doesn't deal well with spaces in
> file or
> directory names.

Mac,

As usual, you are quite right.  I was just trying to teach the hobbit
how to fish without doing it for him.  If he's reading this, I
suggest he seriously considier reading the FAQ completely before
asking YA question that is covered by it.  This list recieves enough
volume as it is.  I'm sure I could have plotutils generate a graph
showing the exponential increase of volume on this list since his
first post, but I fear the point would be lost...

Cheers,
Nicholas