Re: Mysterious gdb behavior.

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 07:12:22AM -0400, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
>OK. Is anyone going to actually suggest a solution here? And don't
>say "rename the directory", I don't imagine renaming the home
>directory to something other than your user name is going to do
>anything but cause more trouble.

Have you actually tried this in a directory without spaces in it?  I don't
recall seeing that experiment.

Two things that I would suggest are

1) Try explictly specifying the path and extension when debugging
   i.e., "gdb -nw ./foo.exe".

2) Try the test version of gdb, available when you select "Exp" in the package
   installation screen when running setup.exe.  I just tried this version in a
   directory with spaces and it seemed to work ok.  This version of gdb does
   have some reported occasional memory corruption problems but I haven't noticed
   them personally.  That may be because I rarely use the GUI version of gdb.

cgf