Re: imlib

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 11:07:36PM +0100, Jim George wrote:
>Folks,
>
>I wanted imlib so give me image rendering support in slypheed and
>couldn't find it in packages, so I downloaded and compiled version
>1.9.8.1 straight out of the box.
>
>The reason I tell you this is that I wasn't sure why this handy package
>didn't appear to be on the web site?  Or did I have my eyes closed?
>
>Should it not be an included package or at least a link on the site to
>http://freshmeat.net/projects/imlib/?topic-id=809 ?

Um, what are you expecting?  If no one has ported imlib, it won't show
up in the package list.  I don't know why this should be surprising in
any way.  We don't just arbitrarily withhold packages from the
distribution but we certainly don't spend all of our spare time porting
packages that are of no interest to us personally, either.

However, this is off-topic for this mailing list anyway since, AFAICT,
imlib is an X-based library.

cgf