Re: bash and the delete key

Randall R Schulz wrote:

Oh I agree 100%. But it'd be even nicer if, when I reflexively hit CTRL-V, it'd do what one would expect it to do on a Windows machine, i.e. paste from the clipboard.
Nicer for you. If it's what you want, take matters into your own hands and adapt your own environment to your own preferences and leave the stock environment in the most POSIX- and / or Unix-compliant state feasible.
But that's what he was asking for (see what follows)

So I ask again, is remapping CTRL-V going to cause any problems for those who
have no desire to enter tabs on the command line?

See. He asked how to remap his Ctrl-v key.