RE: bash and the delete key

> Andrew,

> >>Nicer for you. If it's what you want, take matters into your own hands
> >>and adapt your own environment to your own preferences and leave the
> >>stock environment in the most POSIX- and / or Unix-compliant state feasible.
> >
> >But that's what he was asking for (see what follows)

> >See. He asked how to remap his Ctrl-v key.
>
> Huh? The question clearly is not a "how to" question.

Right.  "Ignorant" as you profess me to be, I do know what .inputrc is for.

> He's asking to have
> Cygwin distributed with his preferred mapping in place as the default.

Ah... you can of course quote any such request?  No Rands, I was clearly simply
asking whether such a remapping would cause any unforseen problems.  And I thank
you for the difinitive answer and associated insults!

> We've already discussed the how of it: Use the ".inputrc" file to supply a
> mapping for "paste-from-clipboard" action. I and others showed how to do it
> for the "Insert" key.

I of course being one of those others, predating you I suspect.  Rands, just get
over me.  Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Hate me because I'm better than you. ;-)

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.