Re: Packaging Problem: dpkg-1.10.4-1 contains /usr/bin/md5sum.exe, conficting with textutils

Hi,

Might the fact that I recently installed the dpkg package be the reason why md5sum is no longer present on my system?

I re-installed the textutils package, and /bin/md5sum.exe is back. Is that a clue?

Based on the tarballs in my download directory, I have installed both 1.10.4-1 and then 1.10.4-2 releases of the "dpkg" package. Is that the crux of the problem? The "-1" release had the clashing md5sum binary and the uninstall of the "-1" that was part of the "-2" install / upgrade left me without the file (/bin/md5sum.exe) that overlapped the textutils and the dpkg 1.10.4-1 packages?

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA