[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Nano 1.1.10

So there hasnt been one in a while, but here is new nano release!

Part of the reason why it took so long is because I couldn't decide between
releasing from the 'stable' and the new featureful 'unstable' branches.
However I finally came to the conclusion that the unstable branch was quite
stable and so here it is.  (The fact that this release is called "what
didn't we break" is to be ignored!)

Since this is a switch from the stable branch to the unstable branch there
is a very large number of changes, I wont list them all here.
Checkout the NEWS/Changelog files in the distribution itself.

A short list of some of the more significant new features includes:
- .nanorc - store your favourite configuration details
- 'prepend' mode
- 'insert output of external program' functionality
- auto-convert of dos-mac formats
- more 'alternate' key combinations using 'meta'(alt) instead of ctrl
- multi-line regexp-based color syntax highlighting - this feature IS under
development, so don't complain to me if it doesn't work how you like,
although I am sure the nano developers would be interested in some feedback.

All this and more for only about 30% increase in binary size, bringing it to
barely 100k.

Regards,
Gareth - cygwin nano packager.

NSTALLATION:

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system. Then,
run setup and update the nano package.

Note that we have recently stopped downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka
cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need to
find a mirror which has this update.

In the US,
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.

In the UK,
http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.

If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package then you
can either wait for the site to be updated or find another mirror.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin mailing
list at: cygwin@cygwin.com . I would appreciate if you would use this
mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes ideas and
comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.

*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at
the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send email
to the address specified there. It will be in the format: