RE: FAQ or bash bug with ntsec? (WAS: Help request: bash with PATH problems)

Hi John,

> From: J.
>
> *Many* thanks for solving this.  I run 3 copies of cygwin; desktop
> at home, laptop and desktop at work.  The desktop at home showed
> this issue and I was unable to figure out why.

unfortunately this issue is not solved. After reinstalling the findutils all
the owner and group settings are "restored" and the misbehaviour arises
again.

> Could this be put in a FAQ somewhere please?

So an FAQ entry could only describe a temporary solution as long as bash has
this bug.

Regards,
Jörg

BTW: I stumbled over the behaviour looking at he trace using

$> echo -e "find --version\nexit" | starce bash | less

Bash will find "/bin/find.exe" first, but continues the search ...