From: "Wu Yongwei" <adah at netstd dot com>
To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:33:10 +0800
Subject: rsync hangs copying file to a remote Windows 2000 server

> It seems rsync.exe (server) will hang when finishing dealing with the
> last file copied to a remote Windows 2000 server.
>
> A more detailed description:
>
> 1. I have a local directory on my Windows 2000 Professional box, say,
> C:\test.
>
> 2. I have a UNC path \\server\public mapped to G:\, which I have write
> access.
>
> 3. Open Cygwin and type "cd c:".
>
> 4. rsync -av test/ /cygdrive/g/test/
>
> 5. rsync hangs on the last file (copying is successful).
>
> 6. In task manager there are two rsync.exe running. If I killed the
> right one (server, I guess), the command line in the Cygwin box will
> exit with the correct summary message.
>
> Rsyncing to a local directory is OK.
>
> Anyone has similar problems? Any clues?
>
> I am using the binary release of the latest 2.5.5 (updated today). An
> older version had this problem too, so I upgraded; but in vain.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wu Yongwei

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential.
It is intended solely for the attention of the intended addressee(s) and may
be covered by legal privilege and/or protected by law.  If you are not the
named addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail
from your computer. Any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and associated files is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore YooMedia cannot accept
liability if this e-mail is accessed by third parties during the course of
transmission or is modified or amended following despatch.
Furthermore YooMedia does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message.  Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of YooMedia unless otherwise
specifically stated.  Although YooMedia has taken every reasonable
precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been checked
for viruses, it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own virus
check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any
damage sustained as a result of software virus infection.
YooMedia reserves the right, and senders of messages shall be taken to have
consented to, the monitoring and recording of e-mails.