Re: ps2pdf/ghostscript problem

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 01:02:41PM +0200, Sven Köhler wrote:
> > One more thing: can you run 'gs --version'?  Send me the output of
> > 'cygcheck -c -s -v' so I can check it against my installation.
>
> i just ran the setup, and set the text-file type to UNIX (which was
> previously DOS) and ps2pdf worked. Somewhere in the source someone seems
> to use fopen, but has forgotton to specifiy the "b" for binarymode
> (which is required for ANSI-C conformance).

Yes, perhaps.  Actually, someone had reported a text-mode bug in a
previous release, and submitted a patch to me.  I used this same
patch to build 7.05.  I guess I need to look more closely and find
other open calls that aren't passing the binary flag down.

> or perhaps it is a cygwin-bug... don't know yet

I don't think it's a Cygwin bug, just a porting detail that I thought
I had dealt with :-(

> only mounting the dir where the ps/pdf is in binary mode, doesn't help.
> does ghostscript create any temp-files?

Not sure.  I'll have to examine the source.

BTW, thanks for the bug report and your help in tracking it down.
I'll see if I can create a 7.05-2 build in the next week or two.

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com