Re: Cygwin and ATT ksh, specific example

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:47:58 Paul Coltrin <pablo@projtech.com> wrote:

> I have been working to port scripts from MKS ksh to ATT ksh on Cygwin.
> Here is a specific example of a problem I have run into.  When I try to
> execute an NT command script from ATTksh I get a permission error.  For
> example:
>
> $ksh
> $ ./gen_file.cmd
> ksh: ./pt_gen_file.cmd: cannot execute [Permission denied]
>
> However, I can run it just fine from Cygwin-bash and MKSksh.
>
> Any suggestions, please?

Use bash?

ATT ksh is practically another environment all to itself.  It is nice of
the ksh group to try to create a version that will work with Cygwin, but
bash will probably always be better integrated with Cygwin and its view of
MS Windows.

I normally use the Bourne shell subset when I code shell scripts just to
avoid portablility problems even when I expect to use ksh or bash to run
them.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html