From: C Wells [mailto:s2audi@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 11:51 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: expect help on cygwin

After giving up on trying to get autoexpect to run I
decided I would try a basic expect script

#!/usr/bin/expect -f
spawn telnet 1.2.3.4
# I tried spawn telnet "1.2.3.4" with no good result
expect "login:"
send "uid\r"
expect "word:"
send "pass\r"
interact

Pretty basic, but it won't work. Obviously the spawn
telnet calls MS's telnet client, but this is the error
msg....
$ ./login.exp
spawn telnet 1.2.3.4
send: invalid spawn id (4)
    while executing
"send "uid\r""
    (file "./login.exp" line 5)
I tried the expect cmd line and it seems maybe it
doesn't like the \r, maybe there is another way to
send a return ? Can anyone help me ?
Thanks