Re: bash and the delete key

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randall R Schulz" <rrschulz@cris.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 8:31 PM
Subject: RE: bash and the delete key

> Mapping the insert clipboard to the "Insert" key is sufficiently
> "hella-useful."

I did not pay sufficient attention to what I was doing and this reply got
sent to Randall instead of to the list, so it has been delayed a day.

I don't use Ctrl-V to insert the clipboard; I use Shift-Insert. I use
Ctrl-Insert to copy to the clipboard and Shift-Delete to cut. These have
been standard since Windows 3.1. I learned to use them by using the
technique of remembering that Ctrl-Insert begins with "C" as in "Copy". If
these keys were used in CygWin and if a Windows user were to get in the
habit of using them in Windows then they should be able to use the "correct"
keys by habit. I have encountered very few situations in which Ctrl-Insert
does not work and in the situations it does not work I did not even think to
try using Ctrl-V. I think that one situation in which Ctrl-Insert does not
work is Adobe Acrobat (the find dialog at least) and all others are less
common; at least less commonly used by me.