Re: Problems with CPAN

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 12:31:19PM +0200, Sven Köhler wrote:
> but: shouldn't there be a better conversion of NT-ACLs to unix-perms?
> perhaps a POSIX-ACL implementation?

We have a Solaris compatible implementation of ACLs.  Look into
/usr/include/cygwin/acl.h (which is called from sys/acl.h).  This
is e. g. used to implement access(2) and the tools setfacl(3) and
getfacl(3).  It's an official part of the Cygwin API since two
years or so.

I thought about implementing POSIX-ACLs once but the POSIX implementation
requires a lot of rework and I'm not sure if it's worth the effort since
POSIX IEEE Std. 1003.1e has been withdrawn.

However, patches gratefully accepted (as long as Solaris compatibility
is kept).

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.