Re: Problems with CPAN

but: shouldn't there be a better conversion of NT-ACLs to unix-perms?
perhaps a POSIX-ACL implementation?
We have a Solaris compatible implementation of ACLs.  Look into
/usr/include/cygwin/acl.h (which is called from sys/acl.h).  This
is e. g. used to implement access(2) and the tools setfacl(3) and
getfacl(3).  It's an official part of the Cygwin API since two
years or so.
oops - shame on me - didn't know we had an ACL-implementation already.

I thought about implementing POSIX-ACLs once but the POSIX implementation
requires a lot of rework and I'm not sure if it's worth the effort since
POSIX IEEE Std. 1003.1e has been withdrawn.
hmm - i just thought about the stat() call and why it could fail on a file - shouldn't this happen too on an ACL using UNIX-System in some cases? and how do these systems overcome this problem?