Re: Cron problem

On 30 Jul 2002 at 7:14, Michael A Chase wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:01:36 +0200 Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> > > I took a look at this one though.  Held it in my arms and tried to
> > > apologize.  It whispered to me, "Tell...  Paul...  to...  set...  his
> > > system PATH via the Control Panel->System and then reboot...  profile
> > > files... not... read... by...  ugh!"
> >
> > Boy, I'm so happy that it could still speak when dying in your
> > arms.  And this one was some of these really righteous and heroic
> > threads, still focused to help mankind while looking DEATH straight
> > in the eyes... *sob*
>
> But it didn't finish giving complete, detailed instructions.  So it was all
> in vain.  It was a noble effort though, it should be honored for the
> attempt.

Let's see what we have in this thread. About 13 k of mostly drivel,
along with something that seems to vaguely suggest that cron is using
the Windows path rather than the cygwin path, so I should put
Cygwin's bin directory on the Windows path before djgpp's.

Unfortunately, that would fix cron and break djgpp. Got any more
suggestions?

Meanwhile I'll try setting the PATH inside the crontab...

[copies PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH" from top line of
/etc/profile to top line of crontab and times job for ten minutes
from now]

[starts stomping on this 13k thread -- it should crumple nicely and
might save bandwidth]