Re: Mysterious gdb behavior.

Hey, guess what. You are a tard. Cygwin is for people who want to run a Unix
environment under Windows. It's not going to do any good for people who a)
don't know anything about Unix:

> > Untrue. Edit /etc/passwd.
>
> And do what, exactly? I imagine that doing the wrong thing in that
> file will break a lot of stuff, and that simply turning a space into
> an underscore in each place where the name occurs (and in the
> directory name) will turn out not to be everything that needs doing.
> Also, should this be done from a Windows app with all Cygwin stuff
> shut down? (I have a programmer's editor that will leave the passwd
> file with unix newlines.) What will happen to things like crontabs?
> Do these need to be moved, and if so how?

And b) don't know anything about Windows:

> You suggest changing my user name in *Windows* also? Wonderful. Have
> you any idea how nontrivial that is? It also means my Windows home
> directory in Documents and Settings has to be renamed. And then the
> whole hard drive and registry have to be scanned and a search and
> replace done, so as to fix things like mru lists and all kinds of
> configuration files for all kinds of different software, from my
> mailer and newsreader to my programmer's editor. It's probably easier
> to live without gdb, or to not use my Cygwin home directory at all.

But hey, not only don't you know anything, you're rude to everyone who does
know something! That'll compensate.

Okay, I'm done troll-feeding for today.

Kim Scarborough                                  http://www.unknown.nu/kim/
"Everything's entertainment in America eventually."
                                                           -Tracey Ullman