Re: ls incorrectly shows system hidden files

Wendell,

At 13:25 2002-07-31, Wendell Pinegar wrote:
I just noticed that the "ls" command in cygwin shows Windows system hidden
files.  Hidden files shouldn't be listed by the ls command!
This at best is a matter of opinion.

My prediction is that those whose opinion counts most (that is, the people who do the work of maintaining the Cygwin code) do not share this opinion.

Can this be changed?
It can. You're welcome to use the available source code to produce a version of "ls" that accommodates your preferences. You could even, if you so chose, submit your changes with a request that they be incorporated into the Cygwin source code base itself.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

Please reply directly as I do not monitor the cygwin discussion group on a
routine basis.  Thank you!

Sincerely,

Wendell W. Pinegar