ssh -X Protocol 2 fails to pass Ctrl-C

When I use X11 forwarding and ssh to a linux machine under protocol 2,
Ctrl-C is not properly passed through to the remote machine, and my ssh
session is terminated.  The error message is:
    Killed by signal 2.

I believe I have a current cygwin installation (cygwin dll: 1.3.12-2), and
have the following ssh/ssl version:
>ssh -V
OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090605f

If I do not forward X11 packets the problem does not occur.  Also, if I
connect to a linux machine that does not require protocol 2, the problem
does not occur.

I am more than happy to provide any other additional information you need to
help track down this problem further, just give me very specific
instructions as to how to collect that info for you.

    Kristopher Buschelman