RE: new vs malloc, was BUG - Cygwin to GNU CC compatibility

> From: Chan Kar Heng [mailto:karheng@softhome.net]
>
> <snip>
> >Well, in C++, as opposed to on earth, I suppose, you're encouraged to
> >use new and delete for all memory management in preference to malloc
> >and free. Note that in C++, a struct and a class are exactly the same
> </snip>
>
> i'm one of those still actively using malloc/free as i often
> use realloc
> too.
>
> i'd gladly use new and delete if i could find an equivalent
> of realloc()..
> ... any advice?

Use STL containers, especially vector.

No user code should ever use "delete"; it should only appear in the
implementation of a container or smart pointer.

--
Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand

"C++ is to programming as sex is to reproduction. Better ways might
technically exist but they're not nearly as much fun." - Nikolai Irgens