newline/linefeed problem with CVS

	Hello

I have been having problems with cygwin cvs linefeed and newline
characters. I am sending my work-around in case someone else
is searching the archives for help.

I upgraded cygwin (and its cvs) and got this message while executing
cvs commands

	cannot open directory //host/cvs/project^M: No such file or directory

The trouble was that the directory were my projects are (and all
the other directories too) was mounted in binmode. All my project
files have \r\n type of line endings (locally, repository has \n) so
that MSVC can handle them. The binmode mount made cvs read in linefeed
without stripping. (This didn't seem to happen with earlier versions of
cygwin or cvs.)

If you have this situation something like

	mount -u -t 'C:\projects' /projects

can help.

	Jari Lappalainen