Re: emacs install problem

Yes, it's true: "emacs" does not have an .exe extension.  The fact that setup
downloads the distribution but does not install it appears to be a separate
issue.

I've manually installed the distribution on my system, and we are getting along
quite amiably.  Though the default colors (e.g. black on "black"--black on a
transparent background, I presume) in terminal mode simply will not do, but
that is yet another matter entirely.

Jason Alonso