Re: suggestion for cygwin gcc-3.2

This may generate some flames, so flame away if you want to.
Hmm I expected a few as well, but no replys - I better fix that at least.
I don't know about anyone else, but there is one particular "feature"
of the new gcc that is driving me crazy.  I refer to:

"warning:  changing search order for system directory..."
I dislike this too, as you might of noticed already...
<snip>
Therefore, I suggest that this warning be disabled by default and
enabled only on a stricter warning level.  I ask here because I know
it is useless to ask on the gcc list - seeing as how they're going to
do it their way and the rest of us be damned.  If you need a patch, I
will provide one.
Having read lots of discussion and the large levels of apathy, I agree mostly.

However I disagree over the best method of implementing this.
Here I present (re-present) my solution

1. Ignore all -I which are targeting system directories.
2. if -fallow-header-override then ignore rule 1 but dont warn.
3. if -Wheader-override then give warning in both case 1 and 2.

After all that discussion, they did convince me that -I targeting system directories is 'a bad thing(tm)' however their approach to dealing with it is very much non-userfriendly. I believe my solution fixes that.

Gareth - who would rather Nicholas's method rather than nothing however.