Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-5 packages available

On 16 Aug 2002, Joe Buehler <jbuehler@hekimian.com> wrote:

> news@garydjones.mailshell.com wrote:
>> I don't know if you are aware or not, but it does not
>> appear to work as the message editor with Mutt. Emacs does
>> not start,  instead "Fatal error (11).Signal 11".
[..]
> - You might invoke a shell script instead and log the
> environment variables and emacs startup arguments before
> invoking emacs.

argument is: /cygdrive/f/Temp/mutt-DAISY-156259-0

env is:
USER=Gary
DICTDIR=/usr/local/lib
SHLVL=1
OLDPWD=/usr/bin
HOME=/home/Gary
PROMPT=$p$g
PS1=\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$
NNTPSERVER=localhost
PS2=>
TMPDIR=/tmp
_=/usr/bin/mutt
WINBOOTDIR=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=/cygdrive/f/Temp
CYGWIN=codepage:oem
LYNX_CFG=/home/Gary/.lynx.cfg
TERM=cygwin
PGPPATH=D:\Apps\crypto\pgp\v2-6-3
WINDIR=C:\WINDOWS
CMDLINE=bash --login -i
GPGPATH=D:\Apps\crypto\gpg
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/
c/WINDOWS/COMMAND:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
!C:=C:\cygwin\bin
!D:=D:\Apps\Internet\News\xnews\Gary
TMP=/cygdrive/f/Temp
!H:=H:\Mails\Gary
IFS=

PWD=/home/Gary
HOMEDRIVE=C:
CVSROOT=/usr/src/cvs
MAKE_MODE=unix
HOMEPATH=\cygwin\home\Gary
COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM
TZ=GMT0BST
MANPATH=:/usr/ssl/man
EDITOR=emacs

Do you want the stackdump file? I tried to use dumper.exe as per
the FAQ but on re-starting bash I got a "syntax error" message.
That's something for another time...

> - I saw this a lot as a result of dll relocation before I
> changed the emacs load address.
> What OS are you using?

$ cygcheck -s

Cygwin Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Fri Aug 16 21:16:00 2002

Windows 98 SE Ver 4.10 Build 2222
[snip]

> Maybe the loader acts differently.  Or maybe you have
> zillions of dlls loaded?

You may be onto something. As an experiment I started Mutt, and
then in another bash shell window started emacs, and got the
same result (Sinal 11). Some argument between the two about
something, it looks like, though the reverse (start emacs and
then mutt) works fine.

> Do you have the program from
> sysinternals (or is it Microsoft?) that dumps the loaded
> dlls on the system?

No, sorry. Do you know what it is called?