Re: SmartList and exim

Greg,

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 09:47:04PM +0800, Greg Matheson wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Running the install script for Smartlist from an unprivileged
> account builds executables which don't setuid root, I think.

Don't worry about setuid files -- Cygwin does not support them.  If you
can get Smartlist to build, then try running it (as a service) under the
LocalSystem account which *can* setuid.

> The problem of understanding what the scripts were doing were among
> things which prevented me from getting it to build from the
> Administrator account.

Huh?  Does Smartlist build cleanly?

> There is only one important C program in the package, multigram.c. The
> rest is shell scripts and procmail rc files.
>
> Smartlist is only at version 3.15, but procmail is 3.22. You have to
> take multigram, hsort.c and gethome.c from procmail-3.15 and stick
> them in procmail-3.22/src.

I seem to be repeating myself -- Does Smartlist build against procmail
3.22?  If not, then you can try back porting my patches against 3.15,
but you are on your own.  I will only support procmail 3.22.

Jason