Executing commands is VERY slow when logged into an Win 2K domain

Hi there,

I am using cygwin ( dll version is 1.3.12-4 ) on a Win 2K box.

I have installed cygwin on my hard disk D:\applications\shells\cygwin

and under

D:\applications\shells\cygwin\home

I have created a symlink using ln -s  to my network drive

D:\applications\shells\cygwin\home\bphelan --> /k/cygwin/home/bphelan/

k: drive is mapped to a windows 2000 file server.

At this point everything is fine. I start bash via the cygwin icon and do a
directory listing via ls.exe. No problem there. I now decide I would like to
create some symlinks in my home directory pointing back to my local hard
drive.

K:\cygwin\home\bphelan\mpc555 -> /d/r13/toolbox/rtw/targets/mpc555dk/

I now use ls.exe and it takes 2-3 minutes to execute. I delete the symlink
using windows explorer and ls.exe goes back to executing FAST. I have to use
windows explorer because rm will not get rid of the mpc555 link quickly.

I have tried various symlinks in different directories. The problem always
occurs when a symlink is placed on my network drive and I try to perfrom
some cygwin command in that directory.

Brad