complie linux based soure code on cygwin

hi all,

I've read all the FAQs,maillists and cygwin archives I can find,but I can not find a effective method to resolve my problem.

My problem is this. I am trying to complie linux based soure code on cygwin system because I am accustomed to use windows editor to write code and debug.

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

yang.