Re: more robust tty_list::allocate_tty

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:40:10PM -0000, Chris January wrote:
>This was destined for the cygwin-patches@cygwin.com, but I can't post to
>that list because I'm not subscribed from this address (and the webmail
>interface I'm using doesn't allow you to change the From: header address).
>Please treat as if posted to cygwin-patches. Thanks.
>
>>>This small patch makes tty_list::allocate_tty more robust.  On Windows
>>>2000 and Windows XP it calls the new API function GetConsoleWindow.  On
>>>other platforms I've added a loop round FindWindow for cases where the
>>>system is heavily loaded and the console title doesn't change in time.
>>>(I've submitted a patch for the latter change before).

This is a nice change, but the preferred way of doing this is to use
autoload functionality.  Then we don't have to worry about adding a new
capability every time there is a new OS release.

I've checked in a modified version of this patch which does this.

I've wanted something like this in cygwin for a while.  I appreciate
your researching this.

Thanks!
cgf