Re: Cygwin on FAT16 is very huge !

Pierre,

Do you need a complete Cygwin installation? If not, trim down the set of installed packages.

The allocation granularity on FAT volumes depends on the volume size. The only way you can influence the loss due to internal fragmentation is to lower the volume size. Offhand, I don't know the break-over points at which the allocation unit size changes or the formula by which it is determined. No doubt that information can be found on line.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA