Re: Announce: ioperm-0.2 for Cygwin released

--- Marcel Telka <marcel@telka.sk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've released new version of the ioperm software for Cygwin.
>
> What is ioperm?
> ===============
>
> ioperm adds support for ioperm() function to Cygwin.
> This support includes sys/io.h and sys/perm.h header files
> (not included in Cygwin by default) together with development
> and runtime libraries.
>
> So, if you want to port a linux program which uses ioperm(),
> inb(), outb(),... functions to Cygwin, ioperm is an alternative
> for you :-).
>
> News for ioperm-0.2
> ===================
>
> * ported to Windows 95/98/Me
> * precompiled binaries released (so winddk is no longer required
> for build :-)

Wow, thanks for doing this.  I wonder if it would be possible to add
the winddk headers and libraries to the Cygwin w32api?  It seems like
they are already working on the Platform SDK.  Well if it ever does
happen, then it might be possible to merge your library into the
distribution.  Just a side thought...

Cheers,
Nicholas