Re: File reading problem with -mno-cygwin

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

jdhagen@chorus.net wrote:

As Corinna mentioned, opening the file in binary mode would eliminate the problem.

The data file "sf" actually contains a byte 0x1A that is interpreted in text mode on DOS / Windows
systems as end-of-file.

In binary mode, this won't be interpreted as end-of-file.
Thanks. Actually I figured this out about 1 - 2 hours after I posted. I still have some other problems in my process but this one that I isolated has been resolved.
One question remains however and that is why would it work in Cygwin but not in -mno-cygwin? My theory is that opening a file with "r" under Cygwin is equivalent to "rb".