Re: command to open Windows Explorer window "here"?

Igor, Doug,

I wrote my own "open," but it was less than ideal (for one thing, I never figured out how to deal with file names that had spaces in them, though I didn't try all that hard).

However, when this question came up a little while back (subtle enough for ya'?), someone mentioned "cygstart" (part of the cygutils package).

That's what I'd recommend. It handles directories (they're sent to Windows Exlpoder) and URLs (sent to your default browser) and all other files with associations known on your system. Not to mention "much, much more" (like editing, printing, window control, etc.).

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 19:00 2002-09-12, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Doug Landauer wrote:

> Does cygwin include a command-line command that would open a
> WindowsExplorer window pointing at the current directory?
>
> Mac OS X has a command in Terminal called "open" ...
>
>    Thanks in advance,
>    Doug L.

You can write one yourself, it's trivial.  You can use the following
command:
   /cygdrive/c/WINNT/explorer.exe /e,`cygpath -w "$1"`

Hope this helps.
        Igor