Re: Building SpamAssassin for Cygwin

On 20 Sep 2002, Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> wrote:

> I "fixed" problem with the (first hunk of the) first patch.
> Since I'm not a Perl person, I haven't figured out the right
> way to fix the problem

That's exactly my problem too. I would prefer to fix the
problems correctly and ask the SA team to take that onboard and
get something that works not just for me, but for anyone who
comes along later as well.

 -- for example, patching Makefile.PL
> or whatever generates the offending line in Makefile.  Does
> anyone know the right way to do this?

Applying your patches doesn't work on 2.41 :-( I may simply use
an older version if I can still get it. Thanks for your suggestion
though.

The second "chunk" of your first patch is no longer required
for 2.41, its already in there, so I guess they fixed that already.
I can't find anything like the code in your second patch either,
so they must have changed that completely.

> BTW, I needed the second patch to stop spamassassin from
> thinking that Perl was running under Windows instead of
> Cygwin.

Huh? I didn't know SA knew anything about Windows. AFAIK it
isn't supported. Wait, maybe it was in 2.31 and is not now,
which would explain why the code in your second patch is
no longer there.