Re: SSE & gcc 3.x

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 08:00, Mike McCollister wrote:
> The current version of gcc in Cygwin is 2.95.  I was wondering when Cygwin
> will start to use the 3.x version of gcc.  Also, when will the Intel SSE
> instruction become available for Cygwin?

If you aren't using setup.exe yet, it's time to make the move.  Check the
archives for July 2002 for several threads on this issue.   I was looking to
be sure the date on your e-mail wasn't 2001.
AFAIK the only part which doesn't install "out of the box" when you click the
Exp and View options is the binutils alignment.  For that, you install
source, edit the ALIGN parameter in bfd/coff-i386.c, and rebuild.  I note
that it has been several weeks since the cygwin gcc-3.2 has been updated:

cygwin/release> ls -l gcc
total 9174
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root      9393923 Sep  9 23:46 gcc-3.2-1.tar.bz2

I've forgotten how long ago the cygwin binutils began to support SSE, but I'm
not certain if that is your question.
--
Tim Prince