RE: Porting software from Red Hat Linux to Cygwin

I believe someone is working on rpm (search the list archives.) for telnetd
and rshd etc just install the inetutils package in the net category.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregg C Levine [mailto:drwho8@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: 05 October 2002 01:16
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Porting software from Red Hat Linux to Cygwin

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Obviously people are actively porting software from the library of software,
that was written for Linux, to Cygwin. On this list, several people have
mention the rpm program. Was it a successful build? And does it work? And
where can I obtain a copy? Also, what about the telnet server daemon that
Red Hat makes available for its Linux distribution, has anyone taken a shot
at porting it to Cygwin? It happens I happen to need a copy of the program
for my work. That also includes several other daemons. Rsh, and one other
spring to mind.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.