Re: Invalid arugment and IO Error with bunzip2

My guess is this problem is related to the ntsec stuff as are many recent posts.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but to get cygwin to work properly these
days I had to do two things:

1. manually modify the /etc/passwd file
mkpasswd -du mywindowslogin >> /etc/passwd
Where mywindowslogin is the name of the account that you log into windows with.

2. set CYGWIN=nontsec

There are many posts of gcc does not work, patch does not work, bz2 does not work,
XXX does not work....   I suspect many of these problems are related to not
being able to read/write files.

Is there some way that this can be fixed?   If you run setup on a new computer
right now (or at least two days ago), gcc will not work and all files you create
will be owned by a non-existent user.    Perhaps there should be a warning or a
FAQ entry, but I would think that the default running of setup should create
a cygwin that works.

-Bill