Re: COM Servers

At 11:38 AM 10/25/2002, Bob Calco wrote:
>Anyone:
>
>I've looked for information about building COM servers with Cygwin but a.)
>the archive search tool crapped out on me when I attempted a search, and b.)
>question doesn't appear on the FAQ list.

Feel free to use google and point it at cygwin.com if you have problems with
the Cygwin site's search engine.  This question only come up once in a blue
moon so it doesn't really qualify as an FAQ.  It is in the email archives
though.

>So: Is it possible to build COM Servers using Cygwin? If so, are there any
>tutorials or pointers to information about this?

There's nothing that prevents you from working with COM.  It's the same
as working with COM with the native Windows port of gcc.  Turns out that
COM is a very difficult thing to search for and get useful information about,
since the acronym is so common (every email message contains ".com" so just
searching for that gets you everything! ;-) )  Sorry, I don't have specific
suggestions for you here other than to note that the general subject has
been discussed before on the email list and that it should be possible to
COM using gcc and Cygwin.  There's probably some newsgroup or other
forum out there that discusses gcc and COM too, if you feel like poking
around looking for it.

Good luck,