Re: export CYGWIN=tty

Larry, Daniel,

I don't routinely use the "tty" option of the CYGWIN variable, but when I've experimented with it, I've seen symptoms like those reported by Daniel if I set the tty option after a shell is started and then run a program such as Vim that changes the tty modes. When the program exits, it appears the shell reestablishes tty modes unaware that CYGWIN has had tty added to it and those modes are inappropriate in that case (in particular, echoing is disabled, as Daniel reported).

Also note we're trying to encourage people to put their "cygcheck" output into an attachment so when others search the list archives they don't get spurious hits from all the package and library names included in the cygcheck output.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA