From: Dennis Heimbigner dennis@cs.colorado.edu
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:27:50 -0700
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: init_cygheap::etc_changed: Can't open /etc for checking, Win32
error

The following does not appear to be correct.  I use Win98
and it has occurred since 1.13.6 when I am doing a normal
install into d:\tools\cygwin13 (a FAT32 file system).

It appears that no one is willing to actually
solve this problem.
Can we do a temporary fix by including a test for some
environment variable or something so that the error
gets suppressed?