Re: Sample makefile

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Brunda Sathi wrote:

> Hi,
>      I am trying to compile an oracle oci sample program "cdemo81.c" which
> is under
>           d:\oracle\ora92\oci\samples directory. It is referring to a
> library called oci.lib which is under
>           d:\oracle\ora92\oci\lib\msvc directory.
>      All include files are under d:\oracle\ora92\oci\include directory
>      cygwin dev tools are under d:\cygwin\bin directory.
>
> My question is how do I create a simple cdemo1.exe file by compiling and
> linking (command line).
>
> I tried following command
>      D:\Oracle\ora92\oci\samples>gcc -c -Id:\oracle\ora92\oci\include
> cdemo81.c
>
> copilation was successful.
>
>      I am trying to link using following command and I am unable to link to
> oci.lib.
>
> D:\Oracle\ora92\oci\samples>ld -o cdemo81 -ld:\oracle\ora92\oci\lib\msvc\oci.lib cdemo81.o -lc
>
> I am getting undefined reference all functions that are called from oci.lib.

It would help if you provided the output from the linker so we can see
what's unresolved.  I'm a bit weary that this will work anyway.  Oracle's
OCI libraries were built using the MS Visual C++ environment.  As such,
it has references to things in the MSVCRT an expects to be run in that
environment.  I don't recall if gcc's linker can easily link with the
MSVCRT environment.  Perhaps Christopher can comment on this.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>