Re: Question about Makefile, Rules.make?

 Hallo !

 You hit wrong mailling-list. This list is about cygwin,
 a unix emulation layer on top of MS-Windows.
 It is not about Linux or any other Unix.

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, he hunter wrote:
> wrapper.c:32:27:net/irda/irda.h:No such file or directory
> wrapper.c:33:30:net/irda/wrapper.h.h:No such file or directory

> Project purpose: Want to debug the linux source code some modules

 Try a general Linux list or the linux kernel maillinglist for
 linux questions. Note: I do not know if these lists require
 subscription or which one is the right one!

> Project:
> KDE2.0 new project with C language,
> add file from linux kernal source code:
>                                   /usr/G4/linux/net/irda/*.c
>                                   /usr/G4/linux/include/net/irda/*.h
>                                   /usr/G4/linux/net/irda/Config.in
>                                   /usr/G4/linux/net/irda/Makefile

 Again, Cygwin != Linux.
 For KDE, look for a kdevelop or generic kde list at www.kde.org.

> Question:
> 1) What's relationship among Config.in, Makefile and Rules.make three
> files?
> 2) How to setup or write or revise these three files, and where to put
> these each file?
> 3) What about "$(TOPDIR)", where to set it?
> 4) Would you like to give some advices to setup a project with the linux
> kernal source code? More in detail or some examples are my favourites.

 You clearly should go to a linux kernel list. And: Don't even
 think of doing cross-developpment from cygwin to linux-kernel-stuff.
 Use a native linux box.

 For general configure and autoconf/automake stuff go to
 <http://www.amath.washington.edu/~lf/tutorials/autoconf/> or to
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/>

   Bjoern