Re: Problem with function keys codes with vt100 emulation

Reza,

RXVT has been specially ported for Cygwin and can operate both under XFree86/Cygwin and "stand-alone" (without an X server).

If the DISPLAY environment variable is set, RXVT will try to connect to the server it designates. If there's no DISPLAY environment variable, then RXVT will create a native Windows window.

I'm not an RXVT expert, but I assume that most of its configuration options and resources will still work even when not running in X mode.

I don't know about other emulators that might be available or readily ported to Cygwin.

As for a Cygwin-independent emulator, I'm sure there are lots of them. I like TeraTerm. It has settings for VT100, VT101 and VT102 emulation (and VT282, VT320 and VT382). There is also an SSH module for TeraTerm. I don't know how faithful the emulations are, but it might be worth checking out.

Perhaps you should say more about the software you're trying to use. Maybe someone else here has dealt with the same issues you are.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA