Cygwin seems to replace standard shell cmd.exe

Hello,

after installing cygwin I run into the following problem:

All shell commands executed by programs, e.g.

an "echo ************" executed from Borland make
or an "open(F_LIST,"dir $ARGV[0]  /s /b|");" executed from a Perl script
(Activestate)

aren't executed by cmd.exe any more but by bash.
The Problem is that bash don't know the commands listed above or behaves in
a different way than cmd.exe.
It's possible to set a cmd /C for every command, but I have a lot of this
stuff and like to use always cmd.exe.

Does somebody know how to disable this redirection to bash ?

Thanks.
Jens

P.S.
comspec is set correct.